Asthma is a chronic condition of the bronchioles, or small airways, inside the lungs. While there’s no cure for asthma, it can be managed successfully by:
- Working in partnership with your practice nurse and doctor to manage asthma
- Knowing about prescribed asthma medicine – how to take it correctly and how it works
- Taking your preventer asthma medication every day
- Using a self-management plan when needed
- Recognising when your asthma is getting worse and what to do
- Monitoring your asthma with a peak flow meter and seeking regular reviews by a nurse or doctor
If you are unsure of who to see or how much time is required to address your specific health need, please phone us on (03) 435 0777.